Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dark Dark Dark - Who Needs Who (2012)


DDD's latest release has had a very different approach since their 2010 release Go Wild. The line up has slightly changed but core members still stand. I found the songs a little more stripped back and delivered as a live performance then a studio recording. I had the chance of seeing them perform this album earlier in the year and hearing this album pretty much exactly as i did that night which i find a little bit of a disappointment. I still really enjoy the flow and songwriting of Who Needs Who but wish it had more of the dubbing and vocal harmonies they have become so popular for and not having the piano being the basses for every song but three. A little let down but hey what ya gonna do, I still love these guys.



Tracklist: 
1. Who Needs Who
2. Tell Me
3. Last Time I saw Joe
4. Patsy Cline
5. Without You
6. How It Went Down
7. It's A Secret
8. Hear Me
9. Meet In The Dark
10. The Great Mistake